January 25–27, 2012 | Philadelphia, PA, United States
On this website, you’ll find a list of activities at the 2012 Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL 2012) and co-located workshops and events where Microsoft Research was actively involved, as well as programming language, development, and verification tools and supporting infrastructure from Microsoft Research that are available for download or use via the web.
POPL 2012 was a forum for discussing all aspects of programming languages and systems, with a focus on how principles underpin practice. The event welcomed theoretical and experimental papers on topics ranging from formal frameworks to experience reports, papers discussing new ideas and areas, and high-quality expositions or elucidations of existing concepts that are likely to yield new insights. Microsoft Research was a sponsor of this event.
Invited Talks by Microsoft Researchers
|ACM SIGPLAN Programming Languages Achievement Award Presentation and Interview|
Tony Hoare – POPL 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 9:30–10:30 A.M.
|Programming Languages Are Not the Answer|
Leslie Lamport – LADA 2012
Tuesday, January 24, 8:30–9:15 A.M.
CRA-W/CDC and SIGPLAN Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop (PLMW 2012)
Tutorials by Microsoft Researchers
- Proving Program Termination and Liveness
Byron Cook – POPL– Saturday, January 28
- Using Chalice to Reason about Objects and Concurrency
Rustan Leino – POPL – Saturday, January 28, 10:30 A.M.–12:00 P.M. and 2:00–3:30 P.M.
- Our Experience with the Code Contracts Static Checker
Francesco Logozzo – VSTTE – Saturday, January 28, 1:30–2:30 P.M.
- Developing Verified Programs with Dafny
Rustan Leino – VSTTE – Sunday, January 29, 1:30–2:30 P.M.
Events Co-Organized by Microsoft Research
- Verified Software: Theories, Tools and Experiments (VSTTE 2012): Ernie Cohen, general chair; January 28–29, 2012
- Symposium on Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages (PADL 2012): Claudio Russo, co-chair; January 23–24, 2012
- Programming Languages meets Program Verification (PLPV 2012): Nikhil Swamy, co-chair; January 24, 2012