The Microsoft Environmental Research Workshop united researchers from academia, industry, and government with Microsoft technologists and researchers to exchange ideas about mutually beneficial collaborations in environmental research. The workshop took place on July 14, 2010, in Redmond, Washington.
Note: This event was held the day following the Microsoft Research Faculty Summit 2010 at the same location (Microsoft Conference Center, Redmond, Washington).
Call for Papers (Closed)
Note: The call for papers is closed; we are no longer accepting submissions.
We are now requesting paper submissions for the Microsoft Environmental Research Workshop. Please submit a one-page paper by e-mail to email@example.com.
Topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Position papers on computational challenges in environmental research
- Case studies of environmental research that define software innovation in the field
- Technologies that enable or advance environmental public awareness or citizen science
- Use scenarios of applications and devices designed specifically for environmental research
- Demonstration of a Microsoft technology used in accelerating environmental research
Paper Format: Times New Roman, 11 point font, fit to one page
- Download the paper template: Microsoft Office Word format or PDF format
- Download sample position papers:
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2010