July 17, 2013 | Redmond, Washington, United States
This event is by invitation only.
Bear helmet prototype built using Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer. Designed by Christina Xu.
|9.00||Welcome and Introduction|
|9.30||Keynote: Anthony Dunne, Royal College of Art (UK)|
|10.15||Keynote: Caroline Hummels, TU Eindhoven (Netherlands)|
Panel session 1: Designers, Technology, Craft & Materials
Focusing on sketching and craft in design and how technology is embraced in these activities
Panel session 2: Design Academia & Industry
Focusing on examples of design and industry overlap
Panel session 3: Design & Science
Focusing both on how design engages with the science, and the difference between scientific practice and design practice
Keynote: Bill Buxton, Microsoft Research (Canada)
Note: this event will take place in the Rainier Room in the Microsoft Conference Center (Building 33).
- PhD Scholarship Programme
- Faculty Summit 2013
- Microsoft Research Connections
- Microsoft Research Cambridge
- Design Expo 2012
- Richard Banks, Microsoft Research Cambridge
- Tim Regan, Microsoft Research Cambridge
- Scarlet Schwiderski-Grosche, Microsoft Research Connections
- Stewart Tansley, Microsoft Research Connections