March 31–April 1, 2014 | Grenoble, France
Windows Azure is an open and flexible global cloud platform supporting any language, tool, or framework, and is ideally suited to researchers’ needs across disciplines. Microsoft Research is pleased to offer training for academic researchers who are interested in or need to conduct their research on a highly scalable and flexible resource infrastructure, such as that offered by Windows Azure.
The Windows Azure for Research training is presented to select research community audiences. The audiences are predominantly practicing research scientists with at least basic software development skills. The default course is split into two days. The first day focuses on helping attendees acquire a general understanding of cloud computing with Windows Azure. The second day focuses on using Windows Azure at scale.
This event is co-hosted with the University of Grenoble.
If you would like to attend this course, please send an email to email@example.com that includes the following information:
- Your name
- Name of your academic or non-commercial research institution
- Your job or role description
- Short summary of your science and programming experience
- Location of this training event (Grenoble, France)
Researchers will be sent a registration link. Spaces are limited so potential attendees are encouraged to register early to avoid disappointment.
For more details of the course structure and content, see training details.
Information for attendees
Maison Jean Kuntzmann, 110, Rue de la Chimie, Domaine Universitaire, 38400 Saint Martin d'Hères
Local directions from Grenoble centre (train station):
- Take the tramway line B, direction to "Gières Plaine des Sports" and stop at the "Bibliothèque Universitaire" station (30’)
- For more information on the Grenoble transportation network : http://www.semitag.com - Line B Map.
- The Maison Jean Kuntzmann is within walking distance from this tramway stop (2 minutes): go back following the track of the railway, it will be on your right.
31 March 2014
- 08:30 – Registration
- 09:00 – Course starts
- 17:15 – Day one finishes
1 April 2014
- 09:00 – Day two starts
- 17:15 – Course finishes