Naiad is a prototype platform for performing incremental, iterative, and interactive data-parallel computation. Naiad exposes an interface similar to that of Language Integrated Queries (LINQ) but provides a runtime capable of responding rapidly to incremental changes in inputs, for complex, circular data flows. This download contains the initial release of Naiad, as well as several example projects demonstrating Naiad's support for incremental, iterative data-parallel computations.
Note By installing, copying, or otherwise using this software, you agree to be bound by the terms of its license. Read the license.
This is the first release of Naiad! We hope you find it as interesting and exciting as we do. We've included some example programs, but here are some things you can do with Naiad:
- Write declarative data-parallel computations using C# and a LINQ variant.
Naiad automatically handles their distribution and efficient execution.
- Write iterative data-parallel computations using the new FixedPoint operator.
- Update your inputs interactively, getting new results from your computation in as little as milliseconds, even for computations involving arbitrarily nested loops.
To run this software, you’ll need the following:
- A .NET 4.0 runtime, either on Windows or by using Mono on OS X or Linux.
To install Naiad version 0.1, do the following:
- Unzip the associated download and extract the Naiad-0.1 directory.
- Follow the steps in the included readme.txt corresponding to your platform.
They will build the Naiad.dll and NaiadExamples.dll, and explain how to use them.