The Social Web Experience browser plug-in analyzes Web pages to identify key topics on the current page and match them with relevant conversations and other content from the user's social network. Matches are shown as in-line pop-ups.
Note By installing, copying, or otherwise using this software, you agree to be bound by the terms of its license. Read the license.
To run this software, you’ll need the following:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or Windows 2008
- Browser: Internet Exporer 7 or 8 with the latest updates
- Memory: At least 2GB of RAM
- Recommended system requirements: Microsoft Windows 7 and Internet Exporer 8 with the latest updates.
To install Social Web Experience Toolbar, do the following:
- Quit all instances of Internet Explorer.
- Click the Download button (above).
- Double-click the .msi file you downloaded to start the installation.
- Read the licensing agreement and make sure you agree before you start using Social Web Experience Toolbar.
- If you agree, click the I accept the terms in the License Agreement check box, and then click Install.
The installation process begins.
- When installation is completed, click Finish.
- Start Internet Explorer to see the Social Web Experience Toolbar in action!
- The first time you use Social Web Experience Toolbar, click the Social Web Settings button, and log into your Facebook account. You'll be asked to grant stream and off-line permissions to the toolbar. You will have to click Yes for the toolbar to work correctly.
Using Social Web Experience
After you’ve installed Social Web Experience and started Internet Explorer, you’ll notice that Web pages you visit thereafter will have text marked up with a rectangle. When you mouse over the rectangle, a Social Web Experience social popup will appear, like the following example:
In the above example, my friend was shopping on a Facebook virtual store named Bodega Shop and purchased 100 credits to use to buy other merchandise. His action was published to his newsfeed by Bodega, and Social Web Experience matched the key topic “virtual” in virtual item here to match the “virtual” in virtual currency on the web page. It then diplayed the relevant social data to me.
Let us know if you have any feedback or any problems.
- To send us feedback, click the happy or sad smiley face on the toolbar.
- Send us e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.