COM components which provides scalable implementation of real-time volume rendering intended for server-based GPUs. It could also be accessed from .Net clients using the provided Runtime Callable Wrapper (RCW)
Note By installing, copying, or otherwise using this software, you agree to be bound by the terms of its license. Read the license.
The current version uses NVIDIA CUDA 3.1 platform exclusively.
· x86 or x64 machine with any of the following: Vista 32, Vista 64, Server 2003 x64, Server 2008 x64, Windows 7, Windows 8
· CUDA 3.1 capable graphics card and accompanying latest drivers from NVIDIA
· .Net runtime 4.0
Two separate installers are provided for x86 and x64 platforms. Pick one suited to your platform. Select a folder for the installation. Please make sure that this is not a temporary location or a network share/drive as COM components would be registered from this folder. During the installation you would be asked to select a COM registration type for the components
What’s in the installation?
· Two COM components: CacheManager and GPURenderFactory (in several binary forms)
· .Net assembly RCW Wrapper called MicrosoftResearch.MedicalImaging.Visualization.dll
· Sample Applications
o Sample3DViewer – WPF C# application with source code
o SampleWin32App – C++ console application with source code
o Sample Volume Data called Head_12U.bvd in the SampleApps\Sample3DViewer\Data folder
o Transfer functions with the filenames in the form of tf000x.xml in the same folder
· COM registration helper tool called RegisterCOM.exe
1. Local Server – This would provide rendering for local clients as well as remote clients (through DCOM, more on this later) but require a user session.
2. Local Server and Inproc – Same as above but COM components can be created by clients to be in the same address space of the calling process, which increases the performance.
3. Service and Inproc – COM objects can be served from a service which would require no user session.
By running RegisterCOM.exe at any time you can change the registration type.