With the Project Hawaii software-development kit for Windows 8, you can develop Windows Store apps that take advantage of cloud services and Windows Azure for computation and data storage. Project Hawaii provides the tools and services; you provide the creativity and imagination.
Note By installing, copying, or otherwise using this software, you agree to be bound by the terms of its license. Read the license.
Note This version of the Project Hawaii SDK is intended for academic use only.
- This SDK enables support for Windows Store Apps for Windows 8
- The SDK now includes support for OAuth authentication using Azure Data Market
System and Hardware Requirements
The Project Hawaii SDK requires the same system hardware and software as the Windows 8:
- Windows 8 RTM (all editions except RT editions). You can download an evaluation version of Windows 8 RTM from Evaluation Center. Note this version will expire and you cannot upgrade.
- At least 4 GB of free disk space on the system volume
- 3 GB RAM
The Project Hawaii SDK requires the following software to be present on your system:
To use the Project Hawaii SDK, you should be familiar with the following:
- Software development in C# using Visual Studio and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Development of Windows Store Apps.