GeoS is a desktop application for the assisted delineation of regions within 3-D medical scans, such as Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance (MR).
The user indicates the region of interest (for example, an organ or a lesion) by quickly placing a brush stroke inside it. Then the algorithm calculates the exact boundaries of the region of interest by using efficient 3-D geodesic distance transforms.
GeoS is designed to be fast and to allow the user to quickly edit and correct possible inaccuracies with further foreground or background brush strokes.
The obtained segmentations can be saved to disk and used, for example, to measure volumes, to check lesion size progression in temporal studies, or to generate labeled data for training machine learning algorithms.
To cite this work, please use the following reference:
- Antonio Criminisi, Toby Sharp, and Andrew Blake (2008) GeoS: Geodesic Image Segmentation, in D. Forsyth, P. Torr, and A. Zisserman (Eds.): ECCV 2008, Part I, LNCS 5302, pp. 99–112, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Windows 7 or Windows 8—64-bit preferred
- Note: The provided installer is intended only for a 64-bit platform
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
- Intel Core i5/i7 and Intel Xeon E5 processors
- Minimum of 4 GB RAM
If you would like to see how GeoS works, you can download sample data and try it out.
Download the installation file above, and run Setup.msi.
Download the sample data file, unzip, and open GeoS_1.mhd with the GeoS application.
This software has been developed by Microsoft Research, and while we will make every effort to provide assistance to users and to incorporate feedback into future releases, this is research software; user support and future software updates are not guaranteed.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic, clinical procedures.