Connect and collaborate in Africa and the Middle East
We collaborate with the world’s top academic researchers and institutions to develop technologies that fuel data-intensive scientific research to help solve some of the most urgent global challenges. Our fellowships and grants help foster the next generation of world-class scientists who are critical to the future of scientific discovery.
|Speaking in Someone Else’s Language
Microsoft Research makes major leaps in text and speech translation.
|Battling TB Using Microsoft Technology
Microsoft Research India has developed a biometric monitoring system to help patients complete tuberculosis treatment programs.
|Putting Threats to Wildlife on the Map
Thanks in part to the scientific expertise of the Computational Ecology and Environmental Science Group at Microsoft Research Cambridge, Microsoft has been named the first corporate partner of the Red List of Threatened Species.
- Azure Machine Learning for Research Workshop – Cape Town
Cape Town, South Africa· 28 November 2014
- Azure for Research Workshop 2014 – Cape Town
Cape Town, South Africa· 27 November 2014
- Microsoft Azure for Research Training – Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv University | Tel Aviv, Israel· 12 November 2014
- Chain reaction of collaboration improves location-based services privacy
28 May 2015
- Microsoft issues RFP for Surface Hub
19 May 2015
- How Apple, Google, and Microsoft approach genetic research and secure DNA data in the cloud
15 May 2015