Events and Conferences
Europe and Russia
- AGU Fall Meeting 2013This website provides information about the technologies and projects that Microsoft Research will present at the American Geophysical Union's (AGU) 46th annual Fall Meeting. More than 22,000 Earth and space scientists, educators, students, and other leaders gather for the AGU Fall Meeting to present groundbreaking research and connect with colleagues.
San Francisco, CA, United States· 913 December 2013
- Medical Imaging Workshop 2013The analysis of medical images is essential in modern medicine. Multiple high resolution, expensive scanners are present in all modern hospitals. Yet in clinical practice there are no tools for the quantitative analysis of the acquired images.
Cambridge UK· 1719 November 2013
- School on Algorithms for Massive Data 2013Organized by Microsoft Research in cooperation with Yandex and Lomonosov Moscow State University, the Microsoft School on Algorithms for Massive Data (ALMADA) offers students a unique opportunity to learn about fundamental and state-of-the-art results on algorithms and systems for processing massive datasets. The school offers four courses on technical topics, and additional lectures will provide context for real-life applications and business opportunities.
Moscow, Russia· 31 July7 August 2013
- PhD Summer School 2013An annual Microsoft Research event, the PhD Summer School is for Microsoft Research-sponsored PhD students and other invited PhD students in their first or second year from universities and research institutions with which Microsoft Research partners. In addition to lectures, the program includes students’ poster presentations and evening social events.
Cambridge, UK· 15 July 2013
- Machine Learning Summit 2013The Microsoft Research Machine Learning Summit brought together thought leaders and researchers from a broad range of disciplines including computer science, engineering, statistics, and mathematics. Together, we highlighted some of the key challenges posed by the new era of machine learning and identified the next generation of approaches, techniques, and tools that will be needed to exploit the information revolution for the benefit of society.
Paris, France· 2224 April 2013
- International Women’s Hackathon 2013The Women’s Hackathon was a crowdsourcing event to empower young women leaders in computer science. By providing a fun and safe environment in which to explore computing, the hackathon encouraged and supported young university women around the world to become producers of future innovations in technology and help solve challenges in the world today. We hope to work together to turn this into an event that takes place annually during Engineering Week.
Worldwide on university campuses· 2224 February 2013
- Principles of Programming Languages 2013A forum for discussing all aspects of programming languages and systems, the annual Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages emphasises how principles underpin practice. The selected theoretical and experimental papers that were presented included formal frameworks, experience reports, and high-quality expositions or elucidations of existing concepts that are likely to yield new insights. Microsoft Research was a sponsor of the event.
Rome, Italy· 2325 January 2013