Connect and collaborate in Europe and Russia
We collaborate with the world’s top academic researchers and institutions to develop technologies that fuel data-intensive scientific research to help solve some of the most urgent global challenges. Our fellowships and grants help foster the next generation of world-class scientists who are critical to the future of scientific discovery.
|Computer model of blood development could speed up search for new leukemia drugs
The first comprehensive computer model to simulate the development of blood cells could help in the development of new treatments for leukemia and lymphoma, say researchers at the University of Cambridge and Microsoft Research.
|Fitzgibbon Channels Led Zeppelin into Practical Engineering
Microsoft researcher Andrew Fitzgibbon, recently elected as a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, never tires of seeing abstract thinking transform into tangible results.
|Top Feature Stories of 2014
Skype Translator, a Turing Award winner, record-setting texting, and deep learning are among the topics covered in our top feature stories of 2014.
- ACM Distinguished Speaker Programme
We are pleased to provide partial support for this Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) programme, as well as the contributions of Microsoft Research senior scientists who participate as speakers.
- Academic and Research Programmes in Europe
We support outstanding research in computer science and the scientific disciplines through several funding opportunities and awards.
- Collaborative Institutes in Europe
We collaborate with universities, industry, and governments throughout the region to support basic academic research to advance the state of the art in computing and computational sciences.
- PhD Summer School 2015
Cambridge, UK· 29 June3 July 2015
- Microsoft Research - Moscow State University Graduate Workshop 2015
Moscow State University, Russia· 20 May 2015
- Cloud Computing for Research with Microsoft Azure
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia· 19 May 2015
- Probabilistic programming goes large scale: From reducing email clutter to any machine learning task
9 April 2015
- Machine Learning, Computational Science, Networks and Programming Converge in Cambridge
23 March 2015
- 2015 Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Projects Announced
20 February 2015