Microsoft Research Asia has a collaborative relationship with universities in Hong Kong that was established in 1999. Collaborative projects include academic research, curriculum innovation, talent fostering, and academic exchange.
Microsoft Research Asia Joint Lab Series Lectures in Hong Kong
Feng Zhao, assistant managing director at Microsoft Research Asia, delivers a talk about cloud computing and big data at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.Microsoft Research Asia, in partnership with Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and The Chinese University of Hong Kong, hosted a series of joint lab lectures in Hong Kong on May 17 and 18, 2012. Feng Zhao, Dongmei Zhang, and Mike Chieh-Jan Liang from Microsoft Research Asia delivered lectures on “Cloud Computing and Big Data: What It Means for Future Scientific Research,” “Software Analytics and Its Application in Software Development Practice,” and “Elements of Big Sensor Data and Computing,” respectively, to approximately 120 academics and graduate students at both universities. Microsoft Research Asia established joint labs with both of these top Hong Kong universities to promote state-of-the-art research collaborations, academic exchanges, and talent fostering.
The Microsoft Research Asia Joint Lab Program provides the infrastructure for the state-of-the-art research collaboration, academic exchange, and talent fostering with leading universities in Hong Kong.
|Academic Exchanges |
Microsoft Research Asia has regular academic exchange programs with academia in Hong Kong, including campus visits and faculty visits to Microsoft Research in Beijing and Redmond.
- Microsoft Research receives IEEE Council honor
20 May 2016
- The SwimTrain exergame makes swim workouts fun again
11 May 2016
- Enhanced virtual reality among new Microsoft research advances at CHI 2016
28 April 2016
- Computing in the 21st Century 2015 (21CCC)
Beijing· 28 October 2015
- 1st Int'l Code Hunt Workshop on Educational Software Engineering (CHESE 2015)
Baltimore, MD· 14 July 2015
- 2nd Microsoft Research - IMDEA Software Institute Collaborative Workshop
Madrid, Spain· 910 April 2015
- Information Technology Key Laboratory – The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Ministry of Education and Microsoft Research Asia
- Key Laboratory of Human-Centric Computing and Interface Technologies – The Chinese University of Hong Kong Ministry of Education and Microsoft Research Asia
- Microsoft Research Asia