The Microsoft Research Graduate Women’s Scholarship is a one-year scholarship program for outstanding women graduate students and is designed to help increase the number of women pursuing a PhD. This program supports women in the second year of their graduate studies. Women who are interested in this scholarship must apply during first year of graduate studies. Scholarships are granted by Microsoft Research at the discretion of Microsoft.
2014 Scholarship recipients
Microsoft Research is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2014 Graduate Women’s Scholarship.
Microsoft is not currently accepting applications for this program.
Provisions of the award
- The scholarship recipient award includes US$15,000 for the 2015–2016 academic year.
- A conference and travel allowance of US$2,000 is provided for recipients to attend a conference in their field of study.
- Scholarships are awarded to recipients for one academic year only and are not available for extension or renewal.
- The recipient must remain as active, full-time student, enrolled in graduate programming during the academic year of the award or forfeit the award.
- Nominees for the Microsoft Research Graduate Women's Scholarship Program must be nominated by their universities, and their nominations must be confirmed by the office of the chair of the department. Direct applications from students are not accepted.
- Student must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student in the Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics department (if your department is within the scope of these areas, but is titled differently, you are eligible).
- Students must be enrolled in their first year in a graduate program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Bioinformatics/Information Science for academic year 2014–2015. Students who have already completed a two-year MS/MA degree or equivalent are also eligible, provided they are enrolled in the first year of a PhD program.
- A maximum of three applicants per department, per university will be accepted. A total of nine applicants total per university will be allowed.
- Payment of the scholarship awards, as described above, is made directly to the university. The recipient must remain enrolled in a graduate program during the 2015–2016 academic year or forfeit the award.