Bringing together computer scientists and thought leaders from academia, government, and research institutes
Each year, Microsoft Research hosts a series of summits around the world. These events provide a forum for exploring research results and directions and foster conversations among scientists, faculty, and up-and-coming new students about cross-discipline opportunities.
- Faculty Summit 2014At the the fifteenth annual Microsoft Research Faculty Summit, leading academic researchers and educators meet with Microsoft researchers and engineers to share innovative ideas and developments, and to assess and explore today’s computing opportunities.
Redmond, WA, US· 1415 July 2014
- Latin American Faculty Summit 2014The 2014 Latin American Faculty Summit will bring together thought leaders from academia, government, and Microsoft from a broad range of disciplines including computer science, engineering, mathematics, and economics. Participants will explore the latest advances in computing research, discuss challenges that the community faces, and highlight the best approaches to address those challenges and identify new research opportunities.
Viña del Mar, Chile· 79 May 2014
- Faculty Summit 2013The fourteenth annual Microsoft Research Faculty Summit brought leading academic researchers and educators together with Microsoft researchers and engineers, to share ideas and results around some of today’s most exciting new directions. Key subjects that were discussed this year included machine and human intelligence, software engineering, computer vision, and quantum computing.
Redmond, WA, US· 1516 July 2013
- Asia Faculty Summit 2012The Asia Faculty Summit brought together leading researchers and educators to explore research technologies, advanced research directions, research-funding practices, next-generation education, and the development of new talent in computer science-related fields. Participants had the opportunity to interact directly with visionaries who work in significant technical areas and to communicate directly with researchers who are involved in some of the most advanced research and technologies.
Tianjin, China· 2627 October 2012
- Faculty Summit 2012Technological advancement has always been driven by the need to solve real-world problems, whether social or scientific. Today, computing research and technology continue to provide novel approaches to meeting such challenges. The 2012 Microsoft Research Faculty Summit united academic researchers; educators; and Microsoft researchers, product group engineers, and architects to explore new opportunities in computer-science research and advances that address real-world challenges.
Redmond, WA, U.S.· 1618 July 2012
- Latin American Faculty Summit 2012The need to solve real-world problems, whether social or scientific, has provided the impetus for technological advancements over the years; computing research and technology provide novel approaches to meet these challenges. For the 2012 Latin American Faculty Summit, Microsoft Research united academic researchers; educators; and Microsoft researchers, product group engineers, and architects to explore new opportunities in computer-science research and and advances that adress such challenges.
Riviera Maya, Mexico· 2325 May 2012
- Faculty Summit 2011The twelfth Microsoft Research Faculty Summit brought together thought leaders from academia, government, and Microsoft to explore the latest research results, discuss challenges that the community faces, search for the best approaches to address those challenges, and identify new research opportunities. The breadth of the technical areas covered in the program ensured a unique experience and provided a venue for meeting with colleagues across the full range of the computing disciplines.
Redmond, WA, U.S.· 1820 July 2011
- Latin American Faculty Summit 2011Microsoft Research hosted its seventh annual Latin American Faculty Summit in Cartagena, Colombia, May 18 to 20, 2011. This event was organized in collaboration with COLCIENCIAS. The theme of the 2011 summit was Advancing Computing; Advancing Science.
Cartagena, Colombia· 1820 May 2011
- Faculty Summit Redmond:
2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 |
2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 |
2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 |
- Latin American Summit:
- Asia Faculty Summit:
2012, Tianjin, China
2010, Shanghai, China
2008, Beijing, China
- TechVista India:
2007, New Delhi
- Computing in the 21st Century: