Helping people to organize and find information
Knowledge workers need software that is easy to use and intuitive. They need to find their information long after they’ve forgotten where they put their documents and what they named their files. They also need better tools to help them find and consume information on the Internet. Information-retrieval and search technologies are critical to making this happen. We are pursuing research in information retrieval, filtering, and management, as well as the use of classification technologies and the development of systems and interfaces that will enrich the user experience.
Jialu Liu, Jingbo Shang, Chi Wang, Xiang Ren, and Jiawei Han, Mining Quality Phrases from Massive Text Corpora, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, June 2015.
Elad Yom-Tov, Ebola data from the Internet: An opportunity for syndromic surveillance or a news event?, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 18 May 2015.
Kuansan Wang, The Knowledge Web Meets Big Scholars, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 18 May 2015.
Ryen W. White, Matthew Richardson, and Wen-tau Yih, Questions vs. Queries in Informational Search Tasks, in Proceedings of the companion publication of the 24th international conference on World Wide Web, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, May 2015.
Huan Sun, Hao Ma, Wen-tau Yih, Chen-Tse Tsai, Jingjing Liu, and Ming-Wei Chang, Domain Question Answering via Semantic Enrichment, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, May 2015.
- Microsoft Research Project Colletta
- Mood Board 1.4
- Scalable Hyperlink Store
- C# package for language identification
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing: Theory and Practice (CIKM2014 Tutorial)
- Web-Scale Multimedia Mining and Understanding
- Sketch2Cartoon: Composing Cartoon Images by Sketching
- Sketch2Tag: Automatic Hand-Drawn Sketch Recognition
- MSR-Bing Image Retrieval Challenge (IRC)
- Mobile Video Search
- Stroke Recovery with Kinect
- MSR Mood Board
- Query Result Navigation
- Synonym Mining
- Crowdsourcing and Human Computation
- AutoTag 'n Search My Photos
- Search TrailBlazer
- Near-Duplicate News Article Detection
- Microsoft Research Social Information Seeking Study
- Web Spam Detection