Helping people to organize and find information
Knowledge workers need software that is easy to use and intuitive. They need to find their information long after they’ve forgotten where they put their documents and what they named their files. They also need better tools to help them find and consume information on the Internet. Information-retrieval and search technologies are critical to making this happen. We are pursuing research in information retrieval, filtering, and management, as well as the use of classification technologies and the development of systems and interfaces that will enrich the user experience.
Anne Schuth, Katja Hofmann, and Filip Radlinski, Predicting Search Satisfaction Metrics with Interleaved Comparisons, in Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR) (to appear), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, August 2015.
Bhaskar Mitra, Exploring Session Context using Distributed Representations of Queries and Reformulations, in Proceedings of the 38th international ACM SIGIR conference on Research & development in information retrieval (to appear), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, August 2015.
Young-Bum Kim, Karl Stratos, Ruhi Sarikaya, and Minwoo Jeong, New Transfer Learning Techniques For Disparate Label Sets, in Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, August 2015.
Jialu Liu, Jingbo Shang, Chi Wang, Xiang Ren, and Jiawei Han, Mining Quality Phrases from Massive Text Corpora, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, June 2015.
Fotis Psallidas, Bolin Ding, Kaushik Chakrabarti, and Surajit Chaudhuri, S4: Top-k Spreadsheet-Style Search for Query Discovery, in Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD 2015), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, June 2015.
- Microsoft Research Project Colletta
- Mood Board 1.4
- Scalable Hyperlink Store
- C# package for language identification
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing: Theory and Practice (CIKM2014 Tutorial)
- Web-Scale Multimedia Mining and Understanding
- Sketch2Cartoon: Composing Cartoon Images by Sketching
- Sketch2Tag: Automatic Hand-Drawn Sketch Recognition
- MSR-Bing Image Retrieval Challenge (IRC)
- Mobile Video Search
- Stroke Recovery with Kinect
- MSR Mood Board
- Query Result Navigation
- Synonym Mining
- Crowdsourcing and Human Computation
- AutoTag 'n Search My Photos
- Search TrailBlazer
- Near-Duplicate News Article Detection
- Microsoft Research Social Information Seeking Study
- Web Spam Detection