Advancing user interaction and the display of complex information
Research on human-computer interaction plays a central role across multiple teams at Microsoft Research. Our work is focused on advancing the way users interact with computing devices. This includes search, access, and information management, the display of complex data and information, user modeling and activity recognition, efficient input and interaction, the role of automation, and the coupling of intelligent systems with direct manipulation.
Indrani Medhi Thies, User Interface Design for Low-Literate and Novice Users: Past, Present and Future, in Foundations and Trends in Human-Computer Interaction, Now Publishers Inc. , April 2015.
Erin Brady, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Jeffrey P. Bigham, Gauging Receptiveness to Social Microvolunteering, in Proceedings of CHI 2015, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, April 2015.
Darren Edge, Sumit Gulwani, Natasa Milic-Frayling, Mohammad Raza, Reza Adhitya Saputra, Chao Wang, and Koji Yatani, Mixed-Initiative Approaches to Global Editing in Slideware, in CHI 2015 Conference on Human Factors in Information Systems, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, April 2015.
Elena L. Glassman, Juho Kim, Andrés Monroy-Hernández, and Meredith Ringel Morris, Mudslide: A Spatially Anchored Census of Student Confusion for Online Lecture Videos, in Proceedings of CHI 2015, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, April 2015.
Michael Levit, Andreas Stolcke, Shuangyu Chang, and Sarangarajan Parthasarathy, Token-level Interpolation for Class-Based Language Models, in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, April 2015.
- Mood Board 1.4
- Microsoft Research Project Colletta
- MSR Identity Toolbox (With Binaries)
- MSR Identity Toolbox (Without Binaries)
- Team Three Rs
- Eye Gaze Wheelchair
- Tablet and Stylus Interaction
- Dyadic Mano-a-Mano
- Fully Articulated Hand Tracking
- Physical Charts
- EmotoCouch: An exploration in interactive furniture
- ICE: Interative Classification and Entity Extraction
- Personalised online shopping study
- Learning to be a depth camera for close-range human capture and interaction
- Shared Media Study
- Writing Assistant
- Journeys & Notes
- User-Specific Hand Modeling from Monocular Depth Sequences
- Real-time 3D Reconstruction at Scale using Voxel Hashing
- Kinectrack: Agile 6-DoF Tracking Using a Projected Dot Pattern
- A Low-cost Transparent Electric Field Sensor for 3D Interaction on Mobile Devices
- Type–Hover–Swipe in 96 Bytes: A Motion Sensing Mechanical Keyboard