Advancing user interaction and the display of complex information
Research on human-computer interaction plays a central role across multiple teams at Microsoft Research. Our work is focused on advancing the way users interact with computing devices. This includes search, access, and information management, the display of complex data and information, user modeling and activity recognition, efficient input and interaction, the role of automation, and the coupling of intelligent systems with direct manipulation.
Erin Brady, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Jeffrey P. Bigham, Gauging Receptiveness to Social Microvolunteering, in Proceedings of CHI 2015, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, April 2015.
Darren Edge, Sumit Gulwani, Natasa Milic-Frayling, Mohammad Raza, Reza Adhitya Saputra, Chao Wang, and Koji Yatani, Mixed-Initiative Approaches to Global Editing in Slideware, in Computer Human Interaction (CHI), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, April 2015.
Toby Sharp, Cem Keskin, Duncan Robertson, Jonathan Taylor, Jamie Shotton, David Kim, Christoph Rhemann, Ido Leichter, Alon Vinnikov, Yichen Wei, Daniel Freedman, Pushmeet Kohli, Eyal Krupka, Andrew Fitzgibbon, and Shahram Izadi, Accurate, Robust, and Flexible Real-time Hand Tracking, CHI, April 2015.
Michael Levit, Andreas Stolcke, Shuangyu Chang, and Sarangarajan Parthasarathy, Token-level Interpolation for Class-Based Language Models, in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, April 2015.
TJ Tsai, Andreas Stolcke, and Malcolm Slaney, Multimodal Addressee Detection in Multiparty Dialogue Systems, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Brisbane, April 2015.
- Mood Board 1.4
- Microsoft Research Project Colletta
- MSR Identity Toolbox (With Binaries)
- MSR Identity Toolbox (Without Binaries)
- Project Blush
- Team Three Rs
- Eye Gaze Wheelchair
- Tablet and Stylus Interaction
- Dyadic Mano-a-Mano
- Fully Articulated Hand Tracking
- Physical Charts
- EmotoCouch: An exploration in interactive furniture
- ICE: Interative Classification and Entity Extraction
- Personalised online shopping study
- Learning to be a depth camera for close-range human capture and interaction
- Shared Media Study
- Writing Assistant
- Journeys & Notes
- User-Specific Hand Modeling from Monocular Depth Sequences
- Real-time 3D Reconstruction at Scale using Voxel Hashing
- Kinectrack: Agile 6-DoF Tracking Using a Projected Dot Pattern
- A Low-cost Transparent Electric Field Sensor for 3D Interaction on Mobile Devices