Bioinformatics, synthetic biology, biomedicine, personalized medicine
Innovation in computing continues to yield dramatic productivity benefits to individuals, organizations, and societies, and nowhere is this more evident than in the potential of computing to improve dramatically the health and well-being of millions worldwide. Efforts to accomplish this far-reaching goal take many forms, including assisted cognition, tools for bioinformatics, synthetic biology, biomedicine, the confluence of mobile devices and healthcare, and personalized medicine.
Elad Yom-Tov, Ebola data from the Internet: An opportunity for syndromic surveillance or a news event?, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 18 May 2015.
Erin Brady, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Jeffrey P. Bigham, Gauging Receptiveness to Social Microvolunteering, in Proceedings of CHI 2015, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, April 2015.
Kathryn Zyskowski, Meredith Ringel Morris, Jeffrey P. Bigham, Mary L. Gray, and Shaun Kane, Accessible Crowdwork? Understanding the Value in and Challenge of Microtask Employment for People with Disabilities, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, March 2015.
Gloria Mark, shamsi iqbal, mary czerwinski, and paul johns, Bored Mondays and Focused Afternoons: The Rhythm of Attention and Online Activity in the Workplace, Proceedings of ACM CSCW 2014, March 2015.
Asta Roseway, Yuliya Lutchyn, Paul Johns, Elizabeth Mynatt, and Mary Czerwinski, BioCrystal: An Ambient Tool for Emotion and Communication , in IJMHCI, March 2015.
- FaST-LMM - Factored Spectrally Transformed Linear Mixed Model
- .NET Bio
- .NET Bio Extension for Excel
- FaST-LMM (FActored Spectrally Transformed Linear Mixed Models)
- Eye Gaze Wheelchair
- Personalised online shopping study
- Catalyst: Center for Sustainable Development
- Staying in Touch with Friends: Technology Use by Children with Chronic Health Conditions
- ASHA Assist
- The Web as a Personal Archive
- Medical Imaging at Microsoft Research
- AIDS Quilt 2012 Interactive Digital Exhibits
- Postpartum Mood Study
- LifeX: Lifestyle eXplorer
- Computational Biology
- Touchless Interaction in Medical Imaging
- eHuatuo: Teaching Computer to Read Medical Records
- Theme: Interacting without touching
- Healthcare Privacy
- Phenotypes, Genotypes and Environmental Factors in Childhood Asthma