Addressing challenges in geometric compression and multiresolution representations
We focus on new multimedia and graphics experiences made possible with the growth in computing power and storage. Our research focus spans the linear and interactive media spectrum, across television, broadband, and gaming. We seek to address the challenges involved in the high computational cost of producing, transmitting, and displaying complex models and multimedia signals, by researching multiresolution representations, signal enhancement, and compression of geometry and multimedia data.
Lijun Zhu and Dinei Florencio, 3D numerical modeling of parametric speaker using finite-difference time-domain, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, April 2015.
Dinei Florencio and Zhengyou Zhang, Maximum a posteriori estimation of room impulse responses, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, April 2015.
Ivan J. Tashev, Offline Voice Activity Detector Using Speech Supergaussianity, in Information Theory and Applications Workshop, University of California - San Diego, 3 February 2015.
Hao Cui, Ruiqin Xiong, Chong Luo, Zhihai Song, and Feng Wu, Denoising and Resource Allocation in Uncoded Video Transmission, in Selected Topics in Signal Processing, IEEE Journal of, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 102-112, February 2015.
- Image Composite Editor (32 bit)
- Image Composite Editor (64 bit)
- RIN Studio Authoring Tool
- Foveated 3D Graphics
- Dyadic Mano-a-Mano
- Web-Scale Multimedia Mining and Understanding
- User-Specific Hand Modeling from Monocular Depth Sequences
- Real-time 3D Reconstruction at Scale using Voxel Hashing
- Eye-Gaze Tracking for Improved Natural User Interaction
- Sketch2Cartoon: Composing Cartoon Images by Sketching
- MSR-Bing Image Retrieval Challenge (IRC)
- Mobile Video Search
- Gigapixel ArtZoom
- Scalable real-time volumetric surface reconstruction
- Real-Time, 3-D Scene Capture and Reconstruction
- Facing Interaction
- BodyAvatar: Creating 3-D Avatars with Your Body and Imagination
- VidWiki: Crowd-Enhanced Online Learning
- Microsoft Research Data Visualization Apps for Office