Addressing challenges in geometric compression and multiresolution representations
We focus on new multimedia and graphics experiences made possible with the growth in computing power and storage. Our research focus spans the linear and interactive media spectrum, across television, broadband, and gaming. We seek to address the challenges involved in the high computational cost of producing, transmitting, and displaying complex models and multimedia signals, by researching multiresolution representations, signal enhancement, and compression of geometry and multimedia data.
Dongwook Yoon, Nicholas Chen, François Guimbretière, and Abigail Sellen, RichReview: Blending Ink, Speech, and Gesture to Support Collaborative Document Review, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, October 2015.
Gerard Pons-Moll, Jonathan Taylor, Jamie Shotton, Aaron Hertzmann, and Andrew Fitzgibbon, Metric Regression Forests for Correspondence Estimation, in IJCV, Springer, August 2015.
Sameh Khamis, Jonathan Taylor, Jamie Shotton, Cem Keskin, Shahram Izadi, and Andrew Fitzgibbon, Learning an Efficient Model of Hand Shape Variation from Depth Images, in CVPR, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, June 2015.
Jarrod Knibbe, Hrvoje Benko, and Andrew D. Wilson, Juggling the Effects of Latency: Motion Prediction Approaches to Reducing Latency in Dynamic Projector-Camera Systems, no. MSR-TR-2015-35, 11 May 2015.
- Image Composite Editor (32 bit)
- Image Composite Editor (64 bit)
- RIN Studio Authoring Tool
- Foveated 3D Graphics
- RoomAlive Toolkit
- Dyadic Mano-a-Mano
- Web-Scale Multimedia Mining and Understanding
- User-Specific Hand Modeling from Monocular Depth Sequences
- Real-time 3D Reconstruction at Scale using Voxel Hashing
- Eye-Gaze Tracking for Improved Natural User Interaction
- Sketch2Cartoon: Composing Cartoon Images by Sketching
- MSR-Bing Image Retrieval Challenge (IRC)
- Mobile Video Search
- Gigapixel ArtZoom
- Scalable real-time volumetric surface reconstruction
- Real-Time, 3-D Scene Capture and Reconstruction
- Facing Interaction
- BodyAvatar: Creating 3-D Avatars with Your Body and Imagination
- VidWiki: Crowd-Enhanced Online Learning
- Microsoft Research Data Visualization Apps for Office