The intersection of computer science and the natural sciences
Whether it is the integration of computing and biology, novel computational tools and methods to predict and mitigate rapid changes occurring in the earth’s life-support systems, or the representations, analysis, and visualization of digitized geographic information, Microsoft Research is committed to providing computational support to unravel the mysteries of science.
Yoli Shavit, Boyan Yordanov, Sara-Jane Dunn, Christoph M. Wintersteiger, Youssef Hamadi, and Hillel Kugler, Switching Gene Regulatory Networks, Springer, September 2015.
Young-Bum Kim, Karl Stratos, Ruhi Sarikaya, and Minwoo Jeong, New Transfer Learning Techniques For Disparate Label Sets, in Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, August 2015.
Young-Bum Kim, Minwoo Jeong, Karl Stratos, and Ruhi Sarikaya, Weakly Supervised Slot Tagging with Partially Labeled Sequences from Web Search Click Logs, in North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL), ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, June 2015.
Íñigo Goiri, Thu D. Nguyen, and Ricardo Bianchini, CoolAir: Temperature- and Variation-Aware Management for Free-Cooled Datacenters, March 2015.
Piero Visconti, Michel Bakkenes, Daniele Baisero, Thomas Brooks, Stuart HM Butchart, Lucas Joppa, Rob Alkemade, Moreno Di Marco, Luca Santini, Michael Hoffmann, and others, Projecting global biodiversity indicators under future development scenarios, in Conservation Letters, March 2015.
- FaST-LMM - Factored Spectrally Transformed Linear Mixed Models - Windows Binary Files
- FetchClimate Web App
- FaST-LMM (FActored Spectrally Transformed Linear Mixed Models)
- Open Solving Library for ODEs
- Trade-offs and decision making
- Conservation mapping
- Microsoft Research Bright Minds Competition
- Decision-Making in Stem Cells
- Face In The Crowd
- Road development
- Distribution Modeller: Environmental Modelling at the Speed of Thought
- SNAP Sequence Aligner
- 2020 Science
- Computational Social Science
- Conservation at Microsoft
- Wrap Latitude and Longitude
- Querying the Genome