This workshop will focus on the systems issues of online social networks, including the following areas:
- Infrastructure support for social networks (including distributed systems, databases, and storage systems).
- Ways of leveraging social networks in systems design.
- Measurement and analysis of existing deployed social networks.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Management and querying of large social graphs.
- Graph query engines and query optimization for online processing
- Support for consistency among concurrent readers and writers to a large distributed social graph.
- Partitioning large social graphs.
- Data storage and organization.
- Benchmarking, modeling, and workload characterization.
- Crawlers and other mechanisms for observing social network structure.
- Experiences with deployed systems.
- Leveraging social network properties in systems design.
- Issues of privacy and security.
- Tools for designing and deploying social networks.
- Application programming interfaces for social networks.
- System support for social analytics and network dynamics.
- Methods for integrating multiple networks.
- Performance measurement and analysis of online social networks systems.
This workshop is sponsored by ACM, ACM SigOps, and EuroSys. Workshop proceedings will appear in the ACM Digital Library.
Paper submission: 4 March 2011, 11:59 PM PST
Acceptance notification: 14 March 2011
Camera-ready: 21 March 2011
Workshop date:10 April 2011
(Paper submission deadline was exteneded. Old deadline was 18 February 2011.)
Workshop is colocated with EuroSys 2011 in Salzburg, Austria.
Workshop dinner is sponsered by Facebook.