Teach cloud-enabled mobile computing.
In partnership with universities around the world, Project Hawaii enables students to develop inventive cloud-enhanced mobile applications. Students at participating universities can use Windows Phone for accessing a set of innovative cloud services and Windows Azure for computation and data storage.
Interested in using Project Hawaii in your teaching? Send us your proposal.
Find curriculum resources, to use in your classroom.
Courtesy Prof. Rajesh Balan, Singapore Management University
Mobile and Pervasive Technology and Applications: Definitions and Technology Soup
Understand the basic definitions and technology of mobile and pervasive computing. Understand the various terms used in mobile technology and have a sense of what they mean and how they are applied.
Mobile and Pervasive Technology and Applications: Location and Context
Understand the challenges associated with location detection. Represent location information on a global map and find location of other people. Get an insight into the issues of privacy and security associated with location sharing.
Related Research Papers
Courtesy Prof. Nilanjan Banerjee, University of Arkansas
Why and What of Mobile and Pervasive Computing?
- Weiser: Some Computer Science Issues in Ubiquitous Computing
- Satyanarayanan: Pervasive Computing: Vision and Challenges
- Kindberg: Systems Software for Ubiquitous Computing
- Forman: The Challenges of Mobile Computing
- Bagrodia: Vision, Issues, and Architecture for Nomadic Computing
Where am I: Localization?
- Energy-Accuracy Trade-Off for Continuous Mobile Device Location
- SurroundSense: Mobile Phone Localization via Ambience Fingerprinting
- BeepBeep: A High Accuracy Acoustic Ranging System using COTS Mobile Devices
How do I get data over the air: Mobile and Wireless Networking?
- Cabernet: Vehicular Content Delivery Using WiFi
- FatVAP: Aggregating AP Backhaul Capacity to Maximize Throughput
- Augmenting Mobile 3G Using WiFi: Measurement, System Design, and Implementation
- Diversity in Smartphone Usage
Using Resources in the cloud: Cloud Computing in Mobile Systems and applications
- Sensing Meets Mobile Social Networks: The Design, Implementation and Evaluation of the CenceMe Application
- MAUI: Making Smartphones Last Longer with Code Offload
Damn! Why does my phone die when I need it most? Energy Management?