CEES stands for the Computational Ecology and Environmental Science group at Microsoft Research Cambridge. If you haven't done so already, it would probably make sense to read about the overall goals of the group before you go diving into our publications!
- Oleksandra Hararuk, Matthew J. Smith, and Yiqi Luo, Microbial models with data-driven parameters predict stronger soil carbon responses to climate change, in Global Change Biology, Wiley, 1 December 2014.
- Camille Guilbaud, Neil Dalchau, Drew Purves, and Lindsay Turnbull, Is 'peak N' key to understanding the timing of flowering in annual plants?, in New Phytologist, New Phytologist Trust, 9 October 2014.
- Gian Marco Palamara, Dylan Z. Childs, Christopher F. Clements, Owen L. Petchey, Marco Plebani, and Matthew J. Smith, Inferring the temperature dependence of population parameters: the effects of experimental design and inference algorithm , in Ecology and Evolution, 1 October 2014.
- Yiqi Luo, Trevor F. Keenan, and Matthew J. Smith, Predictability of the terrestrial carbon cycle, in Global Change Biology, Wiley, October 2014.
- sadia, Lees, A. C., Moura, N. G., Gardner, T. A., Barlow, J., Ferreira, J., Ewers, and R. M., Road networks predict human influence on Amazonian bird communities, in Proc Roy Soc B, Proc Roy Soc B, September 2014.
- Paul I. Palmer and Matthew J. Smith, Model human adaptation to climate change, in Nature, 28 August 2014.
- Cory Merow, Matthew J. Smith, Thomas C. Edwards, Antoine Guisan, Sean McMahon, Signe Normand, Wilfried Thuiller, Rafael O. Wuest, Niklaus E. Zimmerman, and Jane Elith, What do we gain from simplicity versus complexity in species distribution models? , in Ecography, Wiley, August 2014.
- Jonas Geldman, Lucas N Joppa, and Neil Burgess, Mapping Change in Pressure Globally on Land and within Protected Areas, in Conservaton Biology, July 2014.
- Sean Sloan, Clinton N Jenkins, Lucas N Joppa, David LA Gaveau, and William F Laurance, Remaining natural vegetation in the global biodiversity hotspots, in Biological Conservation, vol. 177, pp. 12–24, Elsevier, July 2014.
- Miguel Lurgi, Nuria Galiana, Bernat C López, Lucas Joppa, and Jose M Montoya, Network complexity and species traits mediate the effects of biological invasions on dynamic food webs, in Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 2, pp. 36, July 2014.
- Mindy M Syfert, Lucas N Joppa, Matthew J Smith, David A Coomes, Steven P Bachman, and Neil A Brummitt, Using species distribution models to inform IUCN Red List assessments, in Biological Conservation, Elsevier, June 2014.
- Y.P. Wang, B.C. Chen, W.R. Weider, M. Leite, B.E. Medlyn, M. Rasmussen, M.J. Smith, F.B. Augusto, F. Hoffman, and Y.Q. Luo, Oscillatory behavior of two nonlinear microbial models of soil carbon decomposition, in Biogeosciences, European Geosciences Union, 7 April 2014.
- Maria Bruna, Jonathan Chapman, and Matthew J Smith, Model reduction for slow-fast stochastic systems with metastable behaviour, in Journal of Chemical Physics, American Institute of Physics, April 2014.
- Matthew J. Smith, Paul I. Palmer, Drew W. Purves, Mark C. Vanderwel, Vassily Lyutsarev, Ben Calderhead, Lucas N. Joppa, Christopher M. Bishop, and Stephen Emmott, Changing how Earth System Modelling is done to provide more useful information for decision making, science and society., in Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, American Meteorological Society, February 2014.
- Tim Newbold, Jörn PW Scharlemann, Stuart HM Butchart, Ça\ugan H Şekercio\uglu, Lucas Joppa, Rob Alkemade, and Drew W Purves, Functional traits, land-use change and the structure of present and future bird communities in tropical forests, in Global Ecology and Biogeography, 2014.
- Mark J Costello, Brett Houlding, and Lucas N Joppa, Further evidence of more taxonomists discovering new species, and that most species have been named: response to Bebber et al.(2014), in New Phytologist, vol. 202, no. 3, pp. 739–740, 2014.
- SL Pimm, CN Jenkins, R Abell, TM Brooks, JL Gittleman, LN Joppa, PH Raven, CM Roberts, and JO Sexton, The biodiversity of species and their rates of extinction, distribution, and protection, in Science, vol. 344, no. 6187, pp. 1246752, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 2014.
- Akiko Haruna, Alexander Pfaff, Sander van den Ende, and Lucas Joppa, Evolving protected-area impacts in Panama: impact shifts show that plans require anticipation, in Environmental Research Letters, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 035007, IOP Publishing, 2014.
- S. Caldararu, D. W. Purves, and P.I. Palmer, Phenology as a strategy for carbon optimality: a global model, in Biogeosciences, vol. 11, 2014.
- Y.P.Wang, B.C.Chen, W.R.Weider, Y.Q.Luo, B.E.Medlyn, M.Rasmussen, M.J.Smith, F.B.Agusto, and F.Hoffman, Oscillatory behaviour of two nonlinear microbial models of soil carbon decomposition, in Biogeosciences Discussions, European Geosciences Union, December 2013.
- Matthew R Evans, Mike Bithell, Stephen J. Cornell, Sasha R. X. Dall, Sandra Diaz, Stephen Emmott, Bruno Ernande, Volker Grimm, David J. Hodgson, Simon L. Lewis, Georgina M. Mace, Michael Morecroft, Aristides Moustakas, Eugene Murphy, Tim Newbold, K. J. Norris, Owen Petchey, Matthew J. Smith, Justin M. J. Travis, and Tim G. Benton, Predictive systems ecology, in Proceedings of the Royal Society B, Royal Society, 22 November 2013.
- Sadia E Ahmed, Carlos M Souza, J Riberio, and Rob M Ewers, Temporal patterns of road network development in the Brazilian Amazon, in Regional Environmental Change, vol. 13, pp. 927-937, Springer, October 2013.
- Isabel M D Rosa, Drew Purves, Carlos Souza Jr, and Robert M Ewers, Predictive Modelling of Contagious Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon, in PLOS One, PLoS, October 2013.
- Sadia E. Ahmed, Robert M. Ewers, and Matthew J. Smith, Large scale spatiotemporal patterns of road development in the Amazon rainforest, in Environmental Conservation, October 2013.
- Lucas Joppa, Piero Visconti, C.N. Jenkins, and S.L. Pimm, Achieving the Convention on Biological Diversity’s Goals for Plant Conservation, in Science, vol. 341, pp. 1100-1103, American Association for the Advancement of Science, September 2013.
- Eric L. Berlow, Roland A. Knapp, Steven M. Ostoja, Richard J. Williams, Heather McKenny, John R. Matchett, Qinghua Guo, Gary M. Fellers, Patrick Kleeman, Matthew L. Brooks, and Lucas Joppa, A Network Extension of Species Occupancy Models in a Patchy Environment Applied to the Yosemite Toad (
Anaxyrus canorus), in PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 8, pp. e72200, Public Library of Science, August 2013.
- Mark C Vanderwel, Vassily S Lyutsarev, and Drew W Purves, Climate-related variation in mortality and recruitment determine regional forest-type distributions, in Global Ecology and Biogeography, Wiley, 4 June 2013.
- Gian Marco Palamara, Gustav W. Delius, Matthew J. Smith, and Owen L. Petchey, Predation effects on mean time to extinction under demographic stochasticity, in Journal of Theoretical Biology, Elsevier, June 2013.
- Mark C Vanderwel and Drew W Purves, How do disturbances and environmental heterogeneity affect the pace of forest distribution shifts under climate change?, in Ecography, Wiley, June 2013.
- Michael Harfoot, Derek P. Tittensor, Tim Newbold, Greg McInerny, Matthew J. Smith, and Jorn P.W. Scharlemann, Integrated assessment models for ecologists: the present and the future, in Global Ecology and Biogeography, Wiley, June 2013.
- Cory Merow, John A. Silander, and Matthew J. Smith, A practical guide to MaxEnt for modeling species' distributions: what it does, and why inputs and settings matter, in Ecography, Wiley, April 2013.
- Robin Freeman, Ben Dean, Holly Kirk, Kerry Leonard, Richard A Phillips, Chris M Perrins, and Tim Guilford, Predictive ethoinformatics reveals the complex migratory behaviour of a pelagic seabird, the Manx Shearwater, in Journal of the Royal Society Interface, Royal Society, March 2013.
- Maurizio Sajeva, Claudio Augugliaro, Matthew Smith, and Elisabetta Oddo, Regulating Internet Trade in CITES Species, in Conservation Biology, Wiley, 8 February 2013.
- Mindy M. Syfert, Matthew J. Smith, and David A. Coomes, The effects of sampling bias and model complexity on the predictive performance of MaxEnt species distribution models , in PLOS One, vol. 8, no. 2, PLoS, February 2013.
- M. J. Smith, D. W. Purves, M. C. Vanderwel, V. Lyutsarev, and S. Emmott, The climate dependence of the terrestrial carbon cycle, including parameter and structural uncertainties, in Biogeosciences, vol. 10, pp. 583-606, European Geosciences Union, 29 January 2013.
- Drew W Purves, Jorn P W Scharlemann, Mike Harfoot, Tim Newbold, Derek Tittensor, Jon Hutton, and Stephen Emmott, Time to Model All Life on Earth, in Nature, vol. 493, no. 7432, pp. 295-297, Nature Publishing Group, 17 January 2013.
- Raul Garcia-Valdes, Miguel A Zavala, Migueal B Araujo, and Drew W Purves, Chasing a moving target: projecting climate change-induced shifts in non-equilibrial tree species distributions, in Journal of Ecology, British Ecological Society, January 2013.
- L.N. Joppa and R Williams, Modeling the Building Blocks of Biodiversity, in PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. e56277, 2013.
- Lucas N. Joppa, David Gavaghan, Richard Harper, Kenji Takeda, and Stephen Emmott, Optimizing Peer Review of Software Code - Response, in Science, vol. 341, pp. 236-237, 2013.
- Noel McGough, David Kikodze, Richard Wilford, Lucy Garrett, Grigol Deisadze, Natalie Jaworska, and Matthew J. Smith, Assessing non-detrimental trade for a CITES Appendix II-listed plant species: the status of wild and cultivated Galanthus woronowii in Georgia, in Oryx, The International Journal of Conservation, Cambridge Journals, 2013.
- Lucas Joppa, Piero Visconti, Clinton Jenkins, and Stuart Pimm, Achieving the convention on biological diversity’s goals for plant conservation, in Science, 2013.
- Carlo Rondinini, Moreno Di Marco, Piero Visconti, Stuart H.M. Butchart, and Luigi Boitani, Update or outdate: long-term viability of the IUCN Red List, in Conservation Letters, pp. n/a–n/a, 2013.
- Clinton N. Jenkins, Stuart L. Pimm, and Lucas N. Joppa, Global Patterns of Terrestrial Vertebrate Diversity and Conservation, in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA), 2013.
- Mark C Vanderwel, David A Coomes, and Drew W Purves, Quantifying variation in forest disturbance, and its effects on aboveground biomass dynamics, across the eastern United States, in Global Change Biology, Wiley, January 2013.
- Tim Newbold, Jorn P W Scharlemann, Stuart H M Butchart, Cagan A Sekercioglu, Rob Alkemade, Hollie Booth, and Drew W Purves, Ecological traits affect the response of tropical forest bird species to land-use intensity, in Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Series B, The Royal Society, November 2012.
- Matthew J. Smith, Mark C. Vanderwel, Vassily Lyutsarev, Stephen Emmott, and Drew W. Purves, The climate dependence of the terrestrial carbon cycle; including parameter and structural uncertainties, in Biogeosciences Discussions, vol. 9, pp. 13439-13496, European Geosciences Union, 4 October 2012.
- Tim Newbold, Stuart Butchart, Cagan Sekercioglu, Drew Purves, and Jorn Scharlemann, Mapping Functional Traits: Comparing Abundance and Presence-Absence Estimates at Large Spatial Scales, in PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 8, PLoS, 31 August 2012.
- Mark C. Vanderwel, Jay R. Malcolm, and John P. Caspersen, Using a data-constrained model of home range establishment to predict abundance in spatially heterogeneous habitats, in PLoS ONE, vol. 7, pp. e40599, 16 July 2012.
- Lindsay A Turnbull, Christopher D Philipson, Drew W Purves, and AndOthers, Plant growth rates and seed size: a re-evaluation, in Ecology, vol. 93, no. 6, pp. 1283-1289, Ecological Society of America, June 2012.
- Neil Dalchau, Matthew Smith, Samuel Martin, James R Brown, Stephen Emmott, and Andrew Phillips, Towards the rational design of synthetic cells with prescribed population dynamics, in Journal of the Royal Society Interface, vol. 9, pp. 2883-2898, The Royal Society, May 2012.
- Silvia Caldararu, Paul Palmer, and Drew Purves, Inferring Amazon leaf demography from satellite observations of leaf area index, in Biogeosciences, European Geosciences Union, April 2012.
- Emily R Lines, Miguel A Zavala, Drew W Purves, and David A Coomes, Predictable changes in aboveground allometry of trees along gradients of temperature, aridity and competition, in Global Ecology and Biogeography, Wiley, February 2012.
- Mark C. Vanderwel, Jay R. Malcolm, and John P. Caspersen, Using a data-constrained model of home range establishment to predict abundance in spatially heterogeneous habitats, in PLoS ONE, 2012.
- Jonathan A. Sherratt and Matthew J. Smith, Transition to Spatiotemporal Chaos Via Stationary Branching Shocks and Holes, in Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, Elsevier, 2012.
- L.N. Joppa, D.L. Roberts, and S.L. Pimm, Taxonomy that matters: Response to Bacher, in Trends in Ecology and Evolution, 2012.
- L.N. Joppa and J. Hutton, Trophy Lion Hunting in West Africa, in Biological Conservation, 2012.
- Glenn Marion, Greg J. McInerny, Jörn Pagel, Stephen Catterall, Alex R. Cook, Florian Hartig, and Robert B. O'Hara, Parameter and uncertainty estimation for process-oriented population and distribution models: data, statistics and the niche, in Journal of Biogeography, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2225–2239, 2012.
- Greg J. McInerny and Rampal S. Etienne, Pitch the niche – taking responsibility for the concepts we use in ecology and species distribution modelling, in Journal of Biogeography, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2112–2118, 2012.
- D W. Kissling, C. Dormann, J. Groeneveld, T. Hickler, I.1 Kühn, G J. McInerny, J M. Montoya, C. Römermann, K. Schiffers, F M. Schurr, A. Singer, J C. Svenning, N E. Zimmermann, and B. O’Hara, Towards novel approaches to modelling biotic interactions in multispecies assemblages at large spatial extents. , in Journal of Biogeography, 2012.
- Joppa and L.N., Population change in and around protected areas, in Ecological Anthropology, 2012.
- Jennifer J.H. Reynolds, Xavier Lambin, Fergus P. Massey, Stefan Reidinger, Jonathan A. Sherratt, Matthew J. Smith, Andrew White, and Sue E. Hartley, Delayed induced silica defences in grasses and their potential for destabilising herbivore population dynamics, in Oecologia, Springer, 2012.
- S. Kefi, E. Berlow, E. Wieters, S. Navarrete, O. Petchey, S. Wood, A. Boit, L.N. Joppa, K. Lafferty, R. Williams, N. Martinez, B. Menge, C. Blanchette, A. Iles, and U. Brose, Integrating non-feeding interactions into food webs, in Ecology Letters, 2012.
- Greg J. McInerny and Rampal S. Etienne, Stitch the niche – a practical philosophy and visual schematic for the niche concept, in Journal of Biogeography, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2103–2111, 2012.
- B.R. Sheffers, L.N. Joppa, S.L. Pimm, and W.F. Laurance, What we know and don't know about Earth's missing biodiversity, in Trends in Ecology and Evolution, 2012.
- Greg J. McInerny and Rampal S. Etienne, Ditch the niche – is the niche a useful concept in ecology or species distribution modelling?, in Journal of Biogeography, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2096–2102, 2012.
- Joppa and L.N., Ecosystem Services: Free lunch no more, in Science, 2012.
- B.R. Scheffers, L.N. Joppan, S.L. Pimm, and W.F. Laurance, What we know and don't know about earth's missing biodiversity, in Trends in Ecology and Evolution, 2012.
- John P. Caspersen, Mark C. Vanderwel, William G. Cole, and Drew W. Purves, How stand productivity results from size- and competition-dependent growth and mortality, in PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. e28660, December 2011.
- Richard J. Williams and Drew W. Purves, The probabilistic niche model reveals substantial variation in the niche structure of empirical food webs, in Ecology, 19 September 2011.
- C.E. Timothy Paine, Toby R Marthews, Deborah R Vogt, Drew Purves, Mark Rees, Andy Hector, and Lindsay A Turnbull, How to fit nonlinear plant growth models and calculate growth rates: an update for ecologists, in Methods in Ecology and Evolution, British Ecological Society, September 2011.
- Matthew J. Smith, Richard J. Williams, and Drew W. Purves, Boosting CITES Through Research, in Science, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 18 February 2011.
- Greg McInerny and Drew Purves, Fine-scale environmental variation in species distribution modelling: regression dilution, latent variables and neighbourly advice, in Methods in Ecology and Evolution, British Ecological Society, 25 January 2011.
- Mark C. Vanderwel, John P. Caspersen, Jay R. Malcolm, Michael J. Papaik, and Christian Messier, Structural changes and potential vertebrate responses following simulated partial harvesting of boreal mixedwood stands, in Forest Ecology and Management, vol. 261, pp. 1362-1371, 2011.
- S.N. Higgins, M.J Vander Zanden, L.N. Joppa, and Vadeboncoeur Y, Simultaneous top-down and bottom up control of phytoplankton biomass in lakes: the role of invasive dreissenid mussels and phosphorus, in Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, vol. In Press, 2011.
- L.N. Joppa, D.L. Roberts, N. Myers, and S.L. Pimm, Biodiversity hotspots house the majority of missing species., in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2011.
- Aaron Thierry, Owen L. Petchey, Andrew P. Beckerman, Philip H. Warren, and Richard J. Williams, The consequences of size dependent foraging for food web topology, in Oikos, vol. 120, pp. 439-502, 2011.
- Richard J. Williams, Biology, Methodology or Chance? The Degree Distributions of Bipartite Ecological Networks, in PLoS ONE, PLoS, 2011.
- D. Hoffman, D. Fay, and L.N. Joppa, Human Migration to Park Edges: Case Studies Critique Findings from Global-level Statistical Analysis, in Conservation and Society, vol. In Press, 2011.
- G. Forero-Medina, L.N. Joppa, and S.L. Pimm, Thermal tolerance, range expansion, and status of tropical amphibians: Reply to Catenazzi, in Conservation Biology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 426-427, 2011.
- Lucas N. Joppa and Richard J. Williams, The influence of single elements on nested community structure, in Methods in Ecology and Evolution, 2011.
- L.N. Joppa, D.L. Roberts, and S.L. Pimm, The population ecology and social behaviour of taxonomists., in Trends in Ecology and Evolution, 2011.
- Alexander A Barron, Drew W Purves, and Lars O Hedin, Facultative nitrogen fixation by canopy legumes in a lowland tropical forest , in Oecologia, Springer Verlag, November 2010.
- Emily R Lines, David A Coomes, and Drew Purves, Influences of Forest Structure, Climate and Species Composition on Tree Mortality across the Eastern US, in PLoS-One, vol. 5, no. 10, PLoS, October 2010.
- Robin Freeman, R Mann, T Guilford, and D Biro, Group decisions and individual differences: route fidelity predicts flight leadership in homing pigeons (Columba livia), in Biology Letters, The Royal Society, September 2010.
- Drew Purves and Lindsay Turnbull, Different but equal: the implausible assumption at the heart of neutral theory, in Journal of Animal Ecology, vol. 79, no. 6, pp. 1215-1225, British Ecological Society, 3 August 2010.
- Rosie Fisher, Nate McDowell, Drew Purves, Paul Moorcroft, Stephen Sitch, Peter Cox, Chris Huntingford, Patrick Meir, and F. Ian Woodward, Assessing uncertainties in a second-generation dynamic vegetation model due to ecological scale limitations, in New Phytologist, vol. 187, no. 3, pp. 666-681, August 2010.
- Rich Williams, Ananthi Anandanadesan, and Drew Purves, The Probabilistic Niche Model Reveals the Niche Structure and Role of Body Size in a Complex Food Web, in PLoS-One, vol. 5, no. e12092, PLoS, August 2010.
- R Mann, Robin Freeman, O Osborne, R Garnett, C Armstrong, J Meade, D Biro, T Guilford, and S Roberts, Objectively identifying landmark use and predicting flight trajectories of the homing pigeon using Gaussian processes, in The Royal Society Interface, The Royal Society, July 2010.
- Jeremy W Lichstein, Jonathan Dushoff, Kiona Ogle, Anping Chen, Drew W Purves, John Caspersen, and Stephen W Pacala, Unlocking the forest inventory data: relating individual-tree performance to unmeasured environmental factors, in Ecological Applications, April 2010.
- L.N. Joppa, C.K. Williams, G.S. Casper, and S.A. Temple, Environmental factors affecting sampling success of artificial cover objects, in Herpetological Conservation and Biology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 143-148, 2010.
- Daniel M. Tompkins, Alison M. Dunn, Matthew J. Smith, and Sandra Telfer, Wildlife Diseases – From Individuals To Ecosystems, in Journal of Animal Ecology, Wiley, 2010.
- L.N. Joppa and A. Pfaff, Global Protected Area Impacts, in Proceedings Of The Royal Society B, pp. doi:10.1098/rspb.2010.1713, 2010.
- L.N. Joppa, J. Montoya, R. Sole, J. Sanderson, and S.L. Pimm, On nestedness in ecological networks, in Evolutionary and Ecology Research, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 35-46, 2010.
- Matthew J. Smith, Hesiquio Benitez Diaz, Margarita A. Clemente-Munoz, John Donaldson, Jon Hutton, Noel H. McGough, David H. Morgan, Colman O'Criodian, Thomasina E. Oldfield, Uwe Schippmann, and Richard J. Williams, Assessing the impacts of international trade on CITES-listed species: current practices and opportunities for scientific research, in Biological Conservation, Elsevier, 2010.
- L.N. Joppa, S.R. Loarie, and A. Nelson, Measuring population growth around tropical protected areas: current issues and solutions, in Tropical Conservation Science, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 117-121, 2010.
- S.L. Pimm, C. Jenkins, L.N. Joppa, D. Roberts, and G. Russell, How many endangered species remain to be discovered in Brazil?, in Natureza & Conservação, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 71-77, 2010.
- G. Forero-Medina and L.N. Joppa, Colombia's protected area network: representativeness of global and national conservation priorities, in PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 10, 2010.
- Jonathan A. Sherratt, Matthew J. Smith, and Jens D. M. Rademacher, Patterns of sources and sinks in the complex ginzburg-landau equation with zero linear dispersion, in SIAM Journal of Applied Dynamical Systems, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, 2010.
- Yann Hautier, Andy Hector, Eva Vojtech, Drew Purves, and Lindsay Turnbull, Modelling the Growth of Parasitic Plants, in Journal of Ecology, 2010.
- L.N. Joppa, D.L. Roberts, and S.L. Pimm, How Many Species of Flowering Plants Are There?, in Proceedings Of The Royal Society B, pp. doi: 10.1098/rspb.2010.1004, 2010.
- Richard Wilford and Matthew Smith, Drop by Drop, in Kew Magazine, December 2009.
- Matthew J. Smith, Jens D. M. Rademacher, and Jonathan A. Sherratt, Absolute stability of wavetrains can explain spatiotemporal dynamics in reaction-diffusion systems of lambda-omega type, in SIAM Journal of Applied Dynamical Systems, 8(3), 1136-1159, 27 August 2009.
- Daniel Montoya, Drew W Purves, Itziar Rodriguez, and Miguel A Zavala, Do species distribution models explain spatial structure within tree species ranges?, in Global Ecology and Biogeography, August 2009.
- Sherratt JA, Smith MJ, and Rademacher JDM, Spatiotemporal Dynamics in Ecology: Insights from Physics, in Proc 16th Int. Cong. Math. Phys. , vol. 651, August 2009.
- Jonathan A. Sherratt, Matthew J. Smith, and Jens D.M. Rademacher, Locating the transition from periodic oscillations to spatiotemporal chaos in the wake of invasion, in Proceedings of that National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 106(27), pp. 10890-10895, 7 July 2009.
- Jennifer A. Dunne and Richard J. Williams, Cascading extinctions and community collapse in model food webs, in Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, vol. 364, no. 1524, pp. 1711-1723, June 2009.
- Tamara N. Romanuk, Yun Zhou, Ulrich Brose, Eric L. Berlow, Richard J. Williams, and Neo D. Martinez, Predicting invasion success in complex ecological networks, in Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, vol. 364, no. 1524, pp. 1743-1754, June 2009.
- Matthew J. Smith, Sandra Telfer, Eva R. Kallio, Sarah Burthe, Alex R. Cook, Xavier Lambin, and Michael Begon, Host-pathogen time series data in wildlife support a transmission function between density and frequency dependence, in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 106(19), pp. 7905-7909, 12 May 2009.
- Richard J. Williams, Simple MaxEnt models explain food web degree distributions, in Theoretical Ecology, Springer Verlag, 9 May 2009.
- M. Begon, S. Telfer, M.J. Smith, S. Burthe, S. Paterson, and X. Lambin, Seasonal host dynamics drive the timing of recurrent epidemics in a wildlife, in Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 20 January 2009.
- Eric L. Berlow, Jennifer A. Dunne, Neo D. Martinez, Phillip B. Stark, Richard J. Williams, and Ulrich Brose, Simple prediction of interaction strengths in complex food webs, in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, vol. 106, pp. 187-191, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 6 January 2009.
- G J. McInerny, J R G. Turner, H Y. Wong, J M J. Travis, and T G. Benton, How range shifts induced by climate change affect neutral evolution, in Proceedings of the Royal Socitey B., 2009.
- T. Guilford, J. Meade, J. Willis, R.A. Phillips, D. Boyle, S. Roberts, M. Collett, R. Freeman, and C.M. Perrins, Migration and stopover in a small pelagic seabird, the Manx Shearwater Puffinus puffinus: insights from machine learning, in Proc. Roy. Soc. London Ser. B, 2009.
- Nikolay Strigul, Denis Pristinski, Drew W Purves, Jonathan Dushoff, and Stephen W Pacala, Scaling from trees to forests: tractable macroscopic equations for forest dynamics, in Ecological Monographs, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 523-545, November 2008.
- Drew W Purves, Jeremy W Lichstein, Nikolay Strigul, and Stephen W Pacala, Predicting and understanding forest dynamics using a simple tractable model, in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 29 October 2008.
- M. Begon, S. Telfer, S. Burthe, X. Lambin, M. Smith, and S. Paterson, Effects of abundance on infection in natural populations: field voles and cowpox virus., in Epidemics, 6 October 2008.
- Lindsay A Turnbull, Mark Rees, and Drew W Purves, Why equalising trade-offs aren’t always neutral, in Ecology Letters, vol. 11, pp. 1037-1046, October 2008.
- Matthew Smith, Jonathan Sherratt, and Xavier Lambin, The effects of density dependent dispersal on the spatiotemporal dynamics of cyclic populations, in Journal of Theoretical Biology, Elsevier, 21 September 2008.
- Drew W Purves and Stephen W Pacala, Predictive Models of Forest Dynamics, in Science, vol. 320, no. 5882, pp. 1452-1453, 13 June 2008.
- J. A. Dunne, R.J. Williams, N.D. Martinez, R.A. Wood, and D.H. Erwin, Compilation and network analyses of Cambrian food webs, in PLoS Biology, vol. 6, January 2008.
- Richard J. Williams, Effects of network and dynamical model structure on species persistence in large model food webs, in Theoretical Ecology, January 2008.
- Daniel Montoya, Miguel A Zavala, Miguel A Rodriguez, and Drew W Purves, Animal Versus Wind Dispersal and the Robustness of Tree Species to Deforestation, in Science, vol. 320, no. 5882, pp. 1502-1504, January 2008.
- Fergus P. Massey, Matthew J. Smith, Xavier Lambin, and Sue E. Hartley, Are silica defences in grasses driving vole population cycles?, in Biology Letters, January 2008.
- Richard J. Williams and Neo D. Martinez, Success and its limits among structural models of complex food webs, in Journal of Animal Ecology, January 2008.
- T Guilford, J Meade, R Freeman, T Evans, F Bonadonna, D Boyle, and C M Perrins, GPS tracking of the foraging movements of Manx Shearwaters Puffinus puffinus breeding on Skomer Island, Wales., in Ibis, January 2008.
- William J. Sutherland, Mark J. Bailey, Ian P. Bainbridge, Tom Brereton, Jaimie T. A. Dick, Joanna Drewitt, Nicholas K. Dulvy, Nicholas R. Dusic, Robert P. Freckleton, Kevin J. Gaston, Pam M. Gilder, Rhys E. Green, A. Louise Heathwaite, Sally M. Johnson, David W. Macdonald, Roger Mitchell, Daniel Osborn, Roger P. Owen, Jules Pretty, Stephanie V. Prior, Havard Prosser, Andrew S. Pullin, Paul Rose, Andrew Stott, Tom Tew, Chris D. Thomas, Des B. A. Thompson, Juliet A. Vickery, Matt Walker, Clive Walmsley, Stuart Warrington, Andrew R. Watkinson, Rich J. Williams, Rosie Woodroffe, and Harry J. Woodroof, Future novel threats and opportunities facing UK biodiversity identified by horizon scanning, in Journal of Applied Ecology, January 2008.
- Lindsay A Turnbull, Cloe Paul-Victor, Bernhard Schmid, and Drew W Purves, Growth rates, seed size and physiology - Do small-seeded species really grow faster?, in Ecology, vol. 89, pp. 1352-1363, January 2008.
- Mikhail Zhizhin, Eric Kihn, Robin Redmon, Alexey Poyda, Dmitry Mishin, Dmitry Medvedev, and Vassily Lyutsarev, Integrating and mining distributed environmental archives on Grids, in Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 2157 - 2170, November 2007.
- Thomas P Adams, Drew W Purves, and Stephen W Pacala, Understanding height-structured competition in forests: is there an R* for light?, in Proceedings of the Royal Society Series B, vol. 274, no. 1628, pp. 3039-3047, January 2007.
- Drew W Purves, Jeremy W Lichstein, and Stephen W Pacala, Crown Plasticity and Competition for Canopy Space: A New Spatially Implicit Model Parameterized for 250 North American Tree Species, in PLoS-One, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. e870, January 2007.
- U. Brose, T. Jonsson, E. L. Berlow, P. Warren, C. Banasek-Richter, L. F. Bersier, J. L. Blanchard, T. Brey, S. R. Carpenter, M. F. C. Blandenier, L. Cushing, H. A. Dawah, T. Dell, F. Edwards, S. Harper-Smith, U. Jacob, M. E. Ledger, N. D. Martinez, J. Memmott, K. Mintenbeck, J. K. Pinnegar, B. C. Rall, T. S. Rayner, D. C. Reuman, L. Ruess, W. Ulrich, R. J. Williams, G. Woodward, and J. E. Cohen, Consumer-resource body-size relationships in natural food webs, in Ecology, vol. 87, no. 10, pp. 2411-2417, January 2006.
- Drew Purves and Mark Vanderwel, (book chapter in press) Traits States and Rates: Understanding Coexistence in Forests , in Forests and Global Change, Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Mikhail Zhizhin, Alexey Poyda, Dmitry Mishin, Dmitry Medvedev, Eric Kihn, and Vassily Lyutsarev, Grid-based data mining with Environmental Scenario Search Engine, in Data mining techniques in grid computing environments, Wiley, 2009.
- D. Kikodze, N. McGough, M. Smith, R. Wilford, L. Garrett, N. Memiadze, D. Kharazishvili, M. Manevelidze, G. Deisadze, T. Pantsulaia, and M. Eristavi, Trade in Georgian Snowdrops - A Roadmap to Sustainability. , no. MSR-TR-2010-65, February 2010.
- T Guilford, J Meade, R Freeman, C M Perrins, D Biro, T Evans, F Bonadonna, and D Boyle, Tracking the foraging movements of Manx Shearwaters from Skomer Island by GPS, January 2007.