NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to comply with your employer’s gift policies. If your participation violates your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability and will not be party to any disputes or actions related to this matter.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Faculty Summit Office Mix Sweepstakes promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules. In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Time (PT) on July 3, 2014, and ends at 4:00 P.M. PT on July 15, 2014 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are a registered attendee of the Microsoft Research Faculty Summit in Redmond, WA, and you are a legal resident of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) 18 years of age or older; and
- You are NOT event exhibitor support personnel; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, any person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you are a public sector employee (including education), all prize awards will be awarded directly to your public sector organization and subject to receipt of a gift letter signed by your educational institution's ethics officer, attorney, or designated executive/office responsible for your organization’s gifts/ethics policy. Microsoft seeks to ensure that by offering items of value at no charge in promotional settings it does not create any violation of the letter or spirit of the customer's/entrant’s applicable gifts and ethics rules.
This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
You can enter by creating and submitting an Office Mix lesson by following the steps below:
- You need to use a PC running Office 2013 or Office 365.
- Download and install Office Mix.
- Open PowerPoint and click the MIX tab in the ribbon menu.
- Start building your lesson. To qualify, each lesson must be at least four (4) minutes long. Use the “Upload” feature of Mix to upload your lesson to the Mix portal and obtain the URL for your lesson from the portal by clicking “My Mixes” -> “Uploaded Mixes” -> “Details”.
Once you have created your Office Mix lesson:
- Download the sweepstakes entry form (Word, 27 KB) and save it to your computer.
- Enter the URL(s) of your Office Mix lesson(s) in the consent form.
- Complete the consent form and submit it to email@example.com by Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 4:00 P.M. PT.
You will receive one (1) entry for each complete lesson you submit and there is a maximum of three (3) entries per entrant. Duplicate entries will be discarded. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
At the close of the event, we will randomly select winners of the prizes designated below.
Three (3) Grand Prizes. A prize package consisting of a Surface Pro 3 (64GB/Intel i3) $799, Surface Pro Type Cover $129, and a year license for Office 365 $81.97. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$1,009.97
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: US$3,029.97
We will only award one (1) prize per person during the Entry Period.
NOTE: If you are a public sector employee (including education and government), your prize will be awarded directly to your public sector employer and subject to receipt of a gift letter. Further, the winning employer’s CFO or other senior executive is responsible for determining any prize distribution within the winning institution in accordance with its policies. We will not be responsible for any disputes arising between individual employees and their respective employers.
Winners will be selected and notified at the event. If you are not present or do not claim a prize at the event, we will send you prize claim instructions using the contact information you provided at time of entry.
Taxes on the prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. In addition, if you are a public sector employee (including education or government), we will require you to sign and return a gift letter signed by your educational institution’s ethics officer or attorney. If you complete a tax form, you will be issued an IRS 1099 the following January, for the actual value of the prize. You are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release or W-8 BEN form, the selected winner will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Your odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries we receive. In the event of a dispute, all decisions of Microsoft are final.
By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, bot, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt or we have strong reason to believe that you have compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, creating a bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may disqualify you, and ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
WINNERS LIST AND SPONSOR
If you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of winner selection, we will provide you with a list of winners that receive a prize worth US$25.00 or more.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft uses the information you provide to notify prize winners, and to send you information about other Microsoft products and services, if requested by you. Microsoft will not share the information you provide with third parties without your permission except where necessary to complete the services or transactions you have requested, or as required by law. Microsoft is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above.
If you believe that Microsoft has not adhered to this statement, please notify us by sending email to email@example.com we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remedy the situation.