- Computer Science Education Week
- Tools for Students and Educators
The annual Computer Science Education Week recognizes the critical role of computing in today’s society and the imperative to bolster computer science education at all levels. During the week of December 9 to 15, 2012, Microsoft is proud to partner in this national call to action to raise awareness about computer science education and computing careers. Learn more...
Join with teachers, students, parents and others who are participating in Computer Science Education Week (CSEdWeek) activities and events. Sign the pledge to participate in and/or support CSEdWeek to raise awareness of the role computing plays in all our lives and to promote computer science education for all students.
Selected Downloads for Education
Explore some of the amazing things you can do—with our tools for students, educators, and technology enthusiasts—in your school or home.
About Computer Science Education Week
Computer Science Education Week (CSEdWeek), designated by the U.S. House of Representatives as the week of computing pioneer Grace Hopper's birthday, recognizes the transformative role of computing and the need to bolster computer science at all educational levels.
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and its partners promote CSEdWeek in order to:
- Raise awareness of the critical role of computing for our global information society
- Promote efforts to expose students—particularly in grades K-12—to robust computer science education
- Highlight the challenges facing computer science education
- Engage supporters to prepare students with the knowledge and skills they need for the twenty-first century
- Microsoft Research internships
- Microsoft internships
- Information for students
- Imagine Cup Student Competition
- Microsoft IT Academy Program