Design Expo is a forum where student teams from top design institutions showcase their prototype interaction-design ideas. The following schools presented their designs during the 2012 Design Expo, held during Microsoft Research Faculty Summit 2012.
- Carnegie Mellon: Peter Scupelli, Bruce Hanington, Priscilla Mok, Loretta Neal, Somya Jampala
- Umeå University: Shivanjali Tomar, Siri Johansson
- Royal College of Art: James Auger, Neil Usher, Shing Tat Chung
- Delft University: Maarten Karremans, Jaap Rutten, Segourney Muntslag, Iris Ploum, Natalia Papadopoulou, Stella Boess
- Tsinghua University: Xu Duanduan, Xia Qing, Lin Xu, Ji Yu, Zhiyong Fu
- Escola Superior de Desenho Industrial: Elianne Jobim, Andrea Pech, Marina Almeida, Camila Martins, Val de Castro, Sergio Boiteux, Pedro Herzog
- University of Washington: Axel Roesler, Hanne Trafnik, Adam Rule, Axel Roester, Katie Suskin, Neil Rhoades
Critic Panel: Bill Buxton, Mike Kasprow, Faris Yakob
©2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
SpeakerAdam Rule, Andrea Pech, Bill Buxton, Camila Martins, Faris Yakob, Hanne Trafnik, Jaap Rutten, Ji Yu, Katie Suskin, Lin Xu, Loretta Neal, Marina Almeida, Mike Kasprow, Neil Rhoades, Neil Usher, Priscilla Mok, Segourney Muntslag, Shing Tat Chung, Shivanjali Tomar, Siri Johansson, Somya Jampala, and Val de Castro
AffiliationCarnegie Mellon, Umea University, Royal College of Art, Delft, Tsinghua University, Esdi, UW, Microsoft, VP Trapeze, MDC
Date recorded18 July 2012