TUTORIAL: The Future of F#: Taming the Data Deluge with a Strongly Typed Functional Programming Language
This tutorial will teach F# from several angles.
- The advanced features of F#, including asynchronous and parallel programming and units of measure
- The language feature that underlies F# asynchronous programming and its relation to the corresponding recently announced feature for C#
- F# as a cross platform language for teaching, including using F# on Mac, Linux and with MonoDevelop using the tool TryF#
- F# type providers and their applications to strongly typed programming with web ontologies
- F# as a modern data programming environment, including writing data-rich phone applications.
©2011 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
SpeakerDon Syme and Tomas Petricek
AffiliationMSR, University of Cambridge
Date recorded13 April 2011