- ATL Cairo GPSP - Projects Ideas (21 August 2014)
ATL Cairo is requesting graduation projects proposal submissions in the area of “Computer Vision”, “Natural Language Processing & Social Analytics” and “Speech”.
- Knowledge Graphs and Linked Big Data Resources for Conversational Understanding (13 August 2014)
Interspeech 2014 Tutorial Web Page
- log2 (6 August 2014)
an overhead-constraint logging system
- Personalised online shopping study (23 July 2014)
We are looking for participants to engage in a personalised online shopping experience. You will receive a £40 shopping voucher for your participation and get the opportunity to purchase a book at 90% discount.
- CityNoise (17 July 2014)
CityNoise is a project led by Dr. Yu Zheng in Microsoft Research. The project aims to diagnose a city's noise pollution with crowdsensing and ubiquitous data.
- FiberTree (15 July 2014)
Animated computer graphics are projected onto the base of a fiber optic tree to create a sparse 3D display within the tree. This was done as an entry into Microsoft Research's MakeFest and demonstrated on 1/10/2014 to the MSRMakeFest community.
- Open Solving Library for ODEs (15 July 2014)
OSLO is a .NET and Silverlight class library for the numerical solution of ordinary differential equations (ODEs). The library enables numerical integration to be performed in C#, F# and Silverlight applications.
- Learning to be a depth camera for close-range human capture and interaction (14 July 2014)
We present a machine learning technique for estimating absolute, per-pixel depth using any conventional monocular 2D camera, with minor hardware modifications.
- Trade-offs and decision making (13 July 2014)
Project focussed on quantifying the economic and environmental, trade-offs and synergies that arise under land use change.
- Climatology (10 July 2014)
Climatology gives you climate information for anywhere on Earth: temperature, rain and sunniness.
- Conservation mapping (9 July 2014)
Microsoft research developed a tool in collaboration with IUCN, SSC and UAL, to allow the rapid mapping and assessment of species, threats to species and conservation interventions. it is hoped that this tool will improve bottom up conservation monitoring.
- Shared Media Study (7 July 2014)
Microsoft Research is looking for 20 high school students to participate in a study exploring existing and potentially new uses of social media and communication technologies to stay connected with friends and share experiences.
- Writing Assistant (5 July 2014)
Embedding professional services in productivity tools
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing: Theory and Practice (CIKM2014 Tutorial) (4 July 2014)
Website for the CIKM2014 tutorial on Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing: Theory and Practice (more content to be added)
- Sparse Reflections Analysis (30 June 2014)
Fast removal of general multipath for time-of-flight sensors.
- MSR Elliptic Curve Cryptography Library (27 June 2014)
Fast, efficient ECC Library
- Compression Accelerators (16 June 2014)
Data compression is essential to large-scale data centers to save both storage and network bandwidth. Current software based method suffers from high computational cost with limited performance.
- Web-Scale Multimedia Mining and Understanding (16 June 2014)
Using the Internet as an (noisy) knowledgebase to mine semantics for multimedia data.
- Ziria - Wireless Programming for Hardware Dummies (16 June 2014)
Software-defined radios (SDR) have a potential to bring major innovation in wireless networking design. However, their impact so far has been limited due to complex programming tools. Ziria addresses this problem.