- Algorithms and Data Sciences (5 May 2014)
- Audio and Acoustics Research Group (1 May 2014)
The Audio and Acoustics group conducts research in audio processing and speech enhancement, 3D audio perception and technologies, devices for audio capture and rendering, array processing, information extraction from audio signals.
- Knowledge and Language Group (25 April 2014)
Our mission is to harvest and curate the wealth of knowledge encoded in language: people, content, things, connections, and activities.
- Knowledge Mining (KM) (4 December 2013)
The Knowledge Mining (KM) group at Microsoft Research Asia aims to understand and serve the world through knowledge discovery and data mining.
- Studio 99 (25 November 2013)
Studio 99 is a new gallery space at Microsoft Research. Its goals are to express the creative talents of the MSR community and stimulate interesting conversations about the relationship between art and science.
- Multimedia Search and Mining (18 November 2013)
Multimedia Search and Mining (MSM) group focuses on pattern analysis and extraction for multimedia understanding, search, and data mining.
- MSR BioNLP Lab (11 November 2013)
Our goal is to extract biological and medical knowledge from text. Natural Language Processing tools and techniques are used in combination with biological resources.
- ARC - Advanced and Robust Computing (22 October 2013)
Our mission is to explore next-generation computing systems that are scalable, efficient, robust, and easy to program.
- System Algorithms (SysAlgo) (31 July 2013)
In the System Algorithms (SysAlgo) Research Group, we focus on problems at the intersection of systems, networking, and algorithms research.
- Web Search and Data Management (18 July 2013)
In recent years, we have seen dramatic improvements in machine learning, knowledge mining, graph database, and crowdsourcing that are providing search engines with new capabilities to perform deeper data and text processing and understanding.
- CHIL (16 July 2013)
Computer Human Interactive Learning
- Bing Speech and Language Sciences (2 May 2013)
The team of scientists in Bing that develop speech and language technologies
- Web Search and Data Mining (Silicon Valley) (1 April 2013)
We are conducting numerous projects aimed at improving web search.
- Software Tools (Silicon Valley) (1 April 2013)
We are currently investigating various topics related to the correctness and performance of software systems, especially in the area of concurrent systems.
- Security and Privacy (Silicon Valley) (1 April 2013)
We are currently investigating a broad spectrum of topics in security, cryptography, and privacy.
- Computer and Systems Architecture (Silicon Valley) (1 April 2013)
We are currently investigating various topics related to computer architecture (multicore, manycore, transaction memory, etc.), hardware accelerators, systems architecture (storage, nonvolatile memory, etc.
- Algorithms and Theory (Silicon Valley) (1 April 2013)
Algorithms and theory research at the Silicon Valley Campus is motivated equally by the goals of having significant impact on the real world and by advancing the state of the art in pure research.
- Distributed Systems (Silicon Valley) (1 April 2013)
Our research activities in the distributed system area range from protocols and algorithms to decentralized architectures and services. We address fundamental issues such as scalability, fault-tolerance, security, manageability, and mobility.
- Algorithmic Economics (13 December 2012)
Researchers working on computational aspects of market design.
- Online Experimental Social Science (13 December 2012)
Web platforms such as Amazon’s Mechanical Turk are revolutionizing our ability to conduct human behavioral experiments of the kind historically performed in physical labs.